Business Auto Insurance
Business Auto Insurance insures your organization's automobiles in the event of physical damage. It also includes liability coverages for situations, amounts, and usage not covered by your personal auto insurance policy. Business auto insurance covers a wide variety of vehicles. Business auto insurance is also called commercial auto insurance, fleet insurance, and commercial car insurance, to name a few.
When Do You Need Auto Insurance for Your Business?
A business auto insurance policy is necessary when a vehicle is used for a person's business, profession, or occupation, other than commuting to and from work.
Additional indications that you may need the broader coverage that business auto insurance provides include the following.
- You use your automobile to transport goods or people for a fee or to conduct a service.
- Your work is of a nature that you need higher limits of liability coverage.
- You tow a trailer used to conduct business.
- There is considerable weight in the tools and equipment that you use and haul for business.
- Your employees operate a vehicle that is owned by or in the name of a corporation or partnership.
What Does Business Auto Insurance Cover?
Similar to a personal auto insurance policy, business auto insurance covers comprehensive, collision, liability, medical payments (personal injury protection), and uninsured motorists coverage.
However, there are also differences between a business auto insurance policy and your personal auto policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits.
Most business auto policies are "named driver only" policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered vehicle.
Every Business is Unique
Our knowledgeable team can create a customized auto insurance policy to meet your specific needs.