Auto Accident Procedure
A Step-By-Step Guide in case of an Auto Accident
- Inspect yourself for injuries and the well-being of your travelers. Call 911 right away if anyone is hurt.
- Move to a safe place. If possible, move to the side of the roadway or a parking lot. If your vehicle can be driven and is causing a hazard where it is, pull it to the side of the road.
- Call 911. Calling the police is essential. It makes no difference if the accident is a minor fender-bender or a major collision. The officer who arrives will document the scene and complete an accident report.
- Wait For Help. Switch off your engine, turn on your hazard lights and utilize road flares (if you have them) to alert other vehicles to slow down.
- Exchange Information. Share and exchange contact information and insurance data with the other drivers involved in the incident. Quick Tip: the easiest way to collect most of this information is to take a picture with your cell phone. Following is the information you should gather and share.
- Full name and contact information
- Insurance company and policy number
- Driver's license and license plate number
- Type, color, and model of the vehicle
- Location of the accident
- Date and time of the mishap
- Carefully take a look at the damage to other vehicles (take photos if you can).
- Do not admit fault. When submitting an insurance claim, the adjuster reviewing the claim will determine who's at fault based on an evaluation of the vehicles/property harmed and all supporting documentation collected from the accident scene.
- Only go over the information about the accident with the police or with your insurance agent.
- Alert Paschall Insurance Group right away.
- If after hours, call your insurance company. Find the claim telephone number of your insurance company.