Tips to Avoid Holiday Disasters
The holiday season is a time of celebration, not catastrophe. Do not let a fire ruin your festivities. Stay safe with these top tips:
1. Make sure all decorative lights are set-up and functioning properly. Remember to unplug and turn off your lights when you are away from home.
2. Keep your tree away from a fireplace or burning candles. Pick a clear place in your home to set-up the tree.
3. Dispose of your tree properly and safely. Christmas trees are extremely flammable when dry.
4. Do not leave cooking food unattended. Always turn off the oven or gas/electric burners when you are away from home or sleeping.
5. Never leave a candle burning when you are away or asleep. Do not place candles close to anything flammable (including papers, clothes or your Christmas tree).
6. As a precaution, have a fire safety and escape plan in place.
As much precaution as we take, sometimes disasters are unavoidable and you want to make for certain that you are equipped to handle any scenario if necessary.
Here are also a few home insurance tips:
1. Review and understand your insurance coverage.
2. Insure valuable gifts. Valuable gifts like diamond jewelry and antiques might not be covered under a standard homeowners or renters insurance policy. You must purchase an "endorsement" or separate coverage for these items.
3. Conduct a holiday home inventory. Make sure to note all valuables.
4. Keep all gift receipts. In the case of a fire or theft this might be your only proof of ownership.
Paschall Insurance Group wants to "INSURE" you have a very Safe and Happy Holiday Season!